Key findings from the current survey:
- Two-thirds of Californians—a record high—say housing affordability is a big problem in their region; seven in ten support Governor Newsom’s spending plan to boost housing production.
- Majorities favor Newsom’s budget proposals to combat wildfires (81%) and expand the state earned income tax credit (73%).
- Most Californians disapprove of the federal tax overhaul that took effect in 2018 and say they pay more in state and local taxes than they should.
Latest posts by CA Housing Forum (see all)
- Long Beach May Consider 15% Inclusionary Zoning Ordinance - June 28, 2019
- Patience pays off for Grand View Village - June 28, 2019
- ‘Safe and in peace’: Farmworker families move into new affordable homes in Woodland - June 28, 2019